COMPANY PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LOOKING FOR A CROSS-COUNTRY SKI ADVENTURE WITH
YOUR DOG? DOGFRIENDLY.COM ANNOUNCES ITS TOP TEN CROSS COUNTRY SKI
RESORTS THAT WELCOME YOUR POOCH
From a list of 50 Dog-friendly cross-country ski
resorts and nordic centers throughout the United States,
Woods Mountain Resort in New Hampshire and McGuires
Resort in Michigan top the list.
POLLOCK PINES, CA -- March 1, 2005 --
Do you want to go cross country skiing but do not want to
leave your pup at home? Well, now you can take your dog
with you to visit some of the Nation's best cross country
ski areas. DogFriendly.com, which finds places that
welcome your dog,
has put together a list of the 10 best dog-friendly cross
country ski resorts in the United States. Criteria for
the ski resorts include overall pet-friendliness,
ability to rent skis at the trailhead without driving,
allowing dogs on groomed trails, the length of trails
that welcome dogs, and pet-friendly on-site lodging. The top
10 dog-friendly ski
resorts are as follows:
1. Bretton Woods Mountain Resort, New Hampshire: 8 kilometers of groomed trails for dogs and on-site fido-friendly lodging at the Bretton Arms Country Inn. Dogs need to be leashed on the trails and at the resort.
2. McGuires Resort, Michigan: Dogs allowed on all 10 kilometers of groomed trails and on-site pet-friendly lodging at the McGuires Resort.
Dogs need to be leashed on the trails and at the resort.
3. Bear Notch Ski Touring Center, New Hampshire: Dogs allowed on most of the over 40 kilometers of groomed trails. Dog can be off-leash if under voice control.
4. Carter's X-C Ski Center, Oxford and Bethel, Maine: Dogs allowed at both centers which each have over 40 kilometers of groomed trails. Dogs can be off-leash if under voice control.
5. Tamarack Resort Nordic Center, Idaho: Dogs allowed on all of the 22 kilometers of groomed trails. Dogs can be off-leash if under voice control.
6. Jackson Hole Nordic Center, Wyoming: Dogs allowed on almost half of the 17 kilometers of groomed trails. Dogs can be off-leash if under voice control.
7. Craftsburg Outdoor Center, Vermont: Dogs allowed on two groomed 7 kilometer loop trails that go around the lake. Dogs can be off-leash if under voice control.
8. Devils Thumb Resort, Colorado: Dogs allowed on a special 8 to 10 kilometer groomed trail. Dogs need to be leashed on the trails and at the resort.
9. Flagstaff Nordic Center, Arizona: Dogs are welcome on the 5.7 kilometer Skijoring Trail. Dogs need to be on a leash or harness.
10. Bethel Inn and Country Club, Maine: Dogs allowed on a 2 kilometer groomed trail and on-site pet-friendly lodging at the Bethel Inn and Country Club. Dogs can be off-leash if under voice control.
DogFriendly.com lists nearly 50
pet-friendly cross country ski resorts in 17 states. The
states with the most dog-friendly cross country ski
resorts are Maine with 9, and Colorado with
7. All of these resorts rent skis on the premises and
some have pet-friendly lodging on-site.
DogFriendly.com, founded in 1998,
offers a free web site of dog-friendly places and publishes
paperback books including "DogFriendly.com's United States and Canada Dog Travel
The books are available at a bookstore near you or
online at http://www.dogfriendly.com.