Carmel City Beach, Carmel, CA
DogFriendly.com announces its 3rd Annual Top 10
Dog-Friendly Resort Areas to Visit In North America
DogFriendly.com announced its 2005 list of the
Top 10 dog-friendly resort regions in the United
States. Last month we announced the Top
10 dog-friendly large cities to visit in the U.S. and Canada. The rankings are determined by the
DogFriendly.com staff and
take into account the number and quality of
interesting things to do with your dog
and outdoor restaurants that allow dogs.
1. Monterey/Carmel CA - Dog-Friendly Beaches, trails,
outdoor restaurants and quaint lodging. This region
truly welcomes dogs.
2. Black Hills SD - Yes, you can see Mt. Rushmore
from the pet area. Also, a number of other attractions,
hiking areas and state parks where your dog is welcome.
3. Jekyll Island GA - Gorgeous dog-friendly beaches
and dog-friendly resorts. Take your dog on the
carriage tour of the millionaire's island. It feels like
you're in the Caribbean.
4. Key West FL - Quaint B&B's, lots of outdoor
dining. Charter a boat, walk the charming village
5. Cape Cod MA - There are many small dog-friendly inns,
beaches and ferries. Walk the many villages. Visit
Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard as well.
6. Yellowstone/Grand Teton WY - View Old Faithful,
the Grand Tetons, and enjoy the town of Jackson and its
attractions and hikes.
7. Mackinac Island MI - Ride the carriages through
the car-less island and eat at a number of outdoor
8. St Augustine FL - Take a ghost tour of the old
town, enjoy outdoor dining and visit some local tourist
attractions with dog in tow.
9. Acadia/Bar Harbor ME - The most dog-friendly
national park, pet-friendly accommodations and outdoor
10. Hocking Hills OH - Dog-friendly accommodations
and dog-friendly parks. Don't miss the cliffs and caves
of Hocking Hills State Park.