Tips for Dogs at Outdoor Restaurants
- Make sure your pooch is well-behaved around
other people and especially children.
- Leash your four-legged friend and keep him or
her from socializing with other diners or employees, unless
- Try to keep your dog close to your table or
chair so he or she is not in the waiter's path. Dogs are not
allowed on the chairs or tables.
- Bring your own doggie bowl or ask the waiter
for a paper or plastic bowl or cup for water if necessary. Pets
are not permitted to eat or drink out of restaurant glasses or
dishes, unless they are disposable.
- Remember to tie your dog to your chair and not
a table. A dog tied to a table can result in spilled drinks or
food if he or she is strong enough to make the table move.
- Always call ahead or ask first to make sure an
establishment allow dogs at their outdoor tables.